House Valuations for Capital Gains Tax

Know the value of a property before committing.

If you have made a profit from the sale of a property that is not your main residence, and has also increased in value, you are required to pay Capital Gains Tax. House Valuations for Capital Gains Tax involves reviewing the value of the property at the time it was bought versus when it was sold, to accurately determine if, and how much, the property has increased in value.

Our RICS Registered Valuers are highly experienced and have undertaken valuations of a wide range of properties. Your valuation report will include a detailed description of the property, photographs, will highlight the method used for the valuation, and much more.

But, our quality service doesn’t stop there; If there are queries by the District Valuer, our experts will help you handle the negotiation.

At Crest Chartered Surveyors, we provide you with accurate valuations so that you can be confident that you’re paying the correct amount of tax on your property. We execute house valuations for Capital Gains Tax in accordance with the RICS UK Guidance Note 3 and Taxation and Chargeable Gains Act (1992).

How Much Do House Valuations for Capital Gains Tax Cost?

Our House Valuations for Capital Gains Tax prices start from £500, inclusive of VAT.

With Crest Chartered Surveyors, you’re not just getting a valuation, you’re also getting years of experience from highly qualified RICS Registered Valuers. We offer a quality service that you can trust, whilst always providing the quickest and most cost-effective solutions for your survey and valuation needs.


Do I need a valuation for Capital Gains Tax?

You are required to pay Capital Gains Tax on the sale of a property if:

  • The property is sold for profit
  • The property is a buy-to-let property
  • The property is not your main place of residence
  • The property has increased in value since the date of purchase

My property was bought before 31st March 1982, how do I get it valued?

The current property market is different from what was in play in 1982. Prices of properties were lower, and the interest rate was 13%. At Crest Chartered Surveyors, we have undertaken valuations of several properties bought before 1982, and our surveyors will provide you with a clear, accurate, and reasoned valuation of your property.

As a non-UK resident, am I required to pay Capital Gains Tax if I’m selling a residential property?

Yes, you are required to pay Capital Gains Tax if you are selling a residential property in the UK. Our experts will not only handle the valuation but will also ensure that you pay the correct amount of tax.

What is the Capital Gains Tax rate?

The Capital Gains Tax rates for 2021-2022 are:

  • Basic-rate taxpayer – 18% on properties, 10% on other assets
  • Higher-rate taxpayer – 28% on properties, 20% on other assets

However, you will only need to pay these rates if your profits exceed your annual capital gains allowance, as follows:

  • CGT allowance for an individual – £12,300
  • CGT allowance for a couple (married or in a civil partnership only) – £24,600

house surrounded by trees

Book Chartered Surveyor For Valuations

For more information on our House Valuations for Capital Gains Tax service, or to book a valuation, contact Crest Chartered Surveyors today, and one of our experts will be happy to help.